Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and dif

From: je suis
Subject: Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and diff
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 06:50:23 +0000

> When I synthesize filters/fit frequency responses, I often use 1/f
> weighting.
>
> The point is that in acoustics logarithmic frequency display is used, so
> number of FFT bins per octave is proportional to frequency, so higher
> frequencies without the 1/f scaling more affect overall fitting than the
> lower ones.
>
> The 1/f vs 1/f^2 is, I guess, amplitude vs energy - energy is proportional
> the the square of amplitude.

I should've seen this coming, even more so when I used audio-related
stuff a few times. Well, I'll work on it and try to add to both
differentiators and filters, but I can already smell the burn on the
CPU.

In the meantime, except for the "default" weighting for
differentiators, did the new script behave well enough?

Vlad