Windows PKG Error - 'gfortran' is not recognized as an internal or exter

From: flamed250
Subject: Windows PKG Error - 'gfortran' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 10:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm a new Octave user, but have been using matlab for years.

All of the basic functionality is working well, but I'm trying to install
the controls package (then signal package) and am getting the following
error:

'gfortran' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
make: *** [slicotlibrary.a] Error 1
make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-qTiVhc/control/src'
tar -xzf slicot.tar.gz
mkdir sltmp
mv slicot/src/*.f ./sltmp
mv slicot/src_aux/*.f ./sltmp
cp TG04BX.fortran ./sltmp/TG04BX.f
cp TB01ZD.fortran ./sltmp/TB01ZD.f
cd sltmp; C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.2.1.exe -c *.f
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-qTiVhc/control/src'

I'm using a windows 7 machine and I've tried the "pkg install -forge
control' command and also the manual installation commands, after manually
downloading the package.

Did something go wrong when I install Octave?  It seems like some of the
relation to the 'gfortran' function is missing?

Thanks!