Re: Can't use pkg on Octave 4.2.1 MacOS

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Can't use pkg on Octave 4.2.1 MacOS
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 09:19:58 -0500

Frank,

This works for me. e.g.

A=rand(5)

xlswrite ("fooA.xlsx", A)

What version of MacPorts octave and octave-io do you have installed?

I’ve got

octave @4.2.1_1+app+atlas+docs+fltk+gfortran+graphicsmagick+qt4+sound (active)

and

octave-io @2.4.7_0 (active)

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula

On May 12, 2017, at 2:40 AM, franck Desaize <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everybody ,

I have a problem to use PKG with octave…
Octave have been installed with MacPort and the pkg too.

For example : pkg io
- Pkg loading is ok
- Pkg Using doesn’t work :
- just trying to make a simple xls file with the fonction xlswrite, it prompts me this :

error :’col2num’ undefined near line 49 column 10
error: called from
parse_sp_range at line 49 column8
xlswrite at line 185 column 34

But I have previously install octave 4.0.3, and it worked with the bundle version … I can’t use the bundle version because I have to launch Octave without the GUI…

Thank you for your Help

Franck