Re: SQLITE with Octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: SQLITE with Octave
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:02:05 +0200

Am 10.05.2017 um 17:50 schrieb FMourad:
> I have browsed all the topics related to the use of sqlite on octave without
> finding a clear solution to my situlation.
> According to the following octave wiki :
> http://wiki.octave.org/Database_package , two github repositories can be
> exploited as sqlite wrappers on octave, but my attemps to use these projects
> were unsuccessful.
> These are the links to the repositories :
>https://github.com/rmartinjak/mex-sqlite3
>https://github.com/Andy1978/octave-sqlite

The second repo linked is mine and is in an very early stage and not
useful at the moment. Perhaps I should add a big fat warning about that.

The main reason that I stopped development was that markuman pointed me
to the mex wrapper (your first linked repo) and I thought reinventing
the weel would be a bad idea.

> - I dowloaded the Sqlite API from the website :
> https://sqlite.org/2017/sqlite-amalgamation-3180000.zip
> - I cloned the mex-sqlite3 master branch last commit
> - the sqlite.h file is not included into the github repository, I added it
> from the dowloaded sqlite source
> - I tried to compile the first repository files using mkoctfile option as
> following :
> mkoctfile --mex sqlite.c .
> The command finished with an error code because any of the sqlite c api
> functions was redefined in the sqlite3.c file provided by the github
> repository (undefined reference
> to{sqlite3_bind_text;sqlite3_bind_double;sqlite3_bind_int64 ...}

What is your OS? You didn't mentioned it so far.
-- Andy