Re: Octave gcc problem (Homebrew Mac)

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Octave gcc problem (Homebrew Mac)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 14:29:13 +0200

Dear Vic,

you updated by purpose or accident your gcc. This may of course break
dependencies like octave. The proper way is to recompile all dependencies,
including octave

brew install --build-from-source octave

This is necessary as there is currently no octave binary for the new gcc.
However, there will be a new one soon since this is a known issue:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/issues/4972#issuecomment-299394176

Sebastian