Re: update of macosx binary?

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: update of macosx binary?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 16:30:44 +0200

> Am 23.04.2017 um 15:43 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
>
>> On Apr 23, 2017, at 8:17 AM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Lewis Lepton wrote
>>> ive been trying to update to the latest octave on macOS - but unable to
>>> get it working right.
>>> would it possible to get an updated macOS version available as a binary
>>> please
>>
>> I have created new versions of the dmg (cli and gui). Please contact me, if
>> you want to help me testing it.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Sebastian
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> In your experience, using Homebrew, what is the latest version of Octave
> whose gui runs on MacOS?
>
> Ben

Hey Ben,

I think that versions <4.2 with qt4 were working fine. No it freezes on exit
(there is a bug report on that). At some point homebrew switched to qt5 and
this might be the actual problem. On recent macOSs, I cannot get qt4 to
compile, so it's difficult for me to find out who is guilty.

Bye
Sebastian