octave going parallel

From: christoph
Subject: octave going parallel
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 19:19:22 +0200

Hello,

Has anyone experience in doing parallel application with  octave? As I have 32 threads available in Linux it is poor seeing octave just using one core! I used parcellfun already and it seems to work fine, my question would be, what will happen if I use parcellfun in a function and call this function in a  pararrayfun.

ss=[array]

tt=pararray(32,@calculate,ss);

calculate is a function like

function[tt]=calculate(matrix,varargin)

do some code

do more code

then call

pattern = parcellfun (30, @findpattern,sliced_matrix);

do more code

even more code

endfunction

Is this going to work??

What is going to happen when a parfunction calls a parfunction ??

cheers chris