Re: Unable to update Octave version in Lubuntu 16?

From: Rick T
Subject: Re: Unable to update Octave version in Lubuntu 16?
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 10:46:18 -0400

That's the most stable release for your version.  If you want a more recent version you will have to compile it on your own machine.   A snap version or Appimage would be nice but none have been create that I know of.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 8:18 AM, IMacaulay <address@hidden> wrote:
I see that the most recent version is showing as 4.2.1, but when I
have tried to update using

> sudo apt-get install octave

I get

  octave is already the newest version (4.0.2-1ubuntu5~octave~xenial1).

Any suggestions for updating my Octave, please?  My system is Lubuntu
16.04.2 LTS (kernel is Linux 4.4.0-72-generic (x86_64)).

Thanks.