Re: Plot

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: Plot
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 12:41:22 -0700

On 04/01/2017 06:34 AM, Gordon Haverland wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:41:29 -0700
"Thomas D. Dean" <address@hidden> wrote:

In a particular blog entry about gnuplot
 http://gnuplot-tricks.blogspot.ca/2010/06/broken-axis-once-more.html
the last plot shows a "broken" set of data.  It is two plots to
gnuplot, but it is displayed as a single plot.  There is some magic
being used to get the "slashes" on the left and right graph boundaries
to show there is a break in the data, and the plot itself does not try
to connect the last point of the first set to the first point of the
second set.

I think Thomas is looking for the horizontal analog to this kind of
plot (this one being vertical).

Or maybe I haven't had enough coffee today.  :-)

The broken set of data is what I have. If I can get this with a vertical line to mark the breaks in the data. And I would want some 3~4 tics on the x-axis.

Tom Dean