Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3

From: Michael Metts
Subject: Re: Trying to compile Octave on RHEL 7.3
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:11:13 -0700

awesome.  i’ll give it a try.  i really think it’s important to get this thing on an equal footing with the other tools (R, Python).  i’m not a developer but i can’t see why all this 32-bit baggage is still around.  64-bit processors and operating systems have been in common use for only about a decade after all.