Re: failure to install octave image package

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: failure to install octave image package
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:46:52 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: thoraya ben chattah <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Date: 2017/3/29, Wed 23:14
>Subject: failure to install octave image package
>

>Hello every body,
>

>I  was recently installed octave 4.0.2 from ppa octave release, in ubuntu
>12.04 LTS.
>When i try to install octave image -2.6.1 package , an error is
>occur:configure: error: ** could not find a C++11 compiler.
>Does someone have any idea please?
>

>Thanks
>Thoraya

I am no longer using ubuntu 12.04.

IIRC, g++ with 12.04 does not support  C++11.
You need to install GCC-4.8 from ppa.

See
http://askubuntu.com/questions/271388/how-to-install-gcc-4-8

Before install image package from octave prompt, execute below,

setenv CC gcc-4.8
setenv CXX g++-4.8
setenv F77 gfortran-4.8

I cannot test it so that I do know the above will be a solution.

Tatsuro