Re: audioplayer

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: audioplayer
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 03:23:09 -0700 (PDT)

jayt0808 wrote
> I just created a fix that seems to solve the issue.  In your audioplayer
> destructor, you don't actually call stop() when the object is destroyed.
> You only call it if the stream is still playing.  I so changed the code to
> always call stop() when the destructor is called like so:
>
> audioplayer::~audioplayer (void)
> {
>   printf("audioplayer destructor called\n");
>
>   if (isplaying ())
>     {
>       warning ("Octave:audio-interrupt",
>                "interrupting playing audioplayer");
> //      stop ();
>     }
>
>   stop();
> }
>
> let me know if there is some problem with this.  But I am up and running
> now, no more crashing when I reinstantiate the audioplayer object.  Ahh
> the joys of open source.
>
> -Jay

Hello Jay,

Kind of a late response, but if you still can reproduce your problem, you
should consider to file a bug report [1] including a minimal complete
example, that fails for you. From your descriptions, I was not able to
reproduce your problem, anyway it looks like the constructor really misses
something.

Kai

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave