Adding set of scripts to Octave's "command path"

From: Carlos Enrique Manglano-Villamarín
Subject: Adding set of scripts to Octave's "command path"
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:25:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I got the following issue:
I have inherited a set of m-files for image processing from a work mate and we
would like to test-fix-use in octave from now on.
Instead of copying all of them to the folder where the images are, I would like
to add their location to octave “command path”, and
call them from any working folder I might be in the future.
How can I do this? I’m sure it’s a simple step-by-step fix, but I am a bit
thick today and cannot find the appropriate commands to do that.

Thanks!
Carlos