Re: Signal is install but it doesn't work

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Signal is install but it doesn't work
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:31:49 -0400

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Matthieu MORISSE <address@hidden> wrote:
First of all,

I would like to thank you for your very fast reponse.

This is my program, i would like to build butterworth filter:

clear all
planilha=csvread('2_Leticia_MWV1_Rep_2.3.csv','A2:CX49062');
s1_emg=planilha(:,1:2);
T = s1_emg(:,1);
A = s1_emg(:,2);
fe = 1/(s1_emg(2,1)-s1_emg(1,1));
[b,a]=butter(5,10/fe/2);

are you sure the next line does anything?
remove it and see what happens.

Hd = dfilt.df2(b,a);

Afilt =filtfilt(b,a,A);
Plot(T(1:end-1),Afilt)

Thank you again

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Matthieu MORISSE
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Octave support,
>
> I have GNU Octave, version 4.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra
> 10.12.3.
>
> In the contexte of my work, I need to create filter, that's why I installed
> the package control 3.0.0 and signal 1.3.2. Of course, I loaded before
> launch my program.
>
> However, I have this message :
>
>>> Sensor
> warning: the 'dfilt' function belongs to the signal package from Octave
> Forge but has not yet been implemented.
>
> Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
> contribute missing functionality.
> warning: called from __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
> Sensor at line 9 column 4
> error: 'dfilt' undefined near line 9 column 6
> error: called from
>  Sensor at line 9 column 4
>
>>> pkg list
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>     control *|   3.0.0 | /Users/Shiva/octave/control-3.0.0
>             io *|   2.4.5 | /Users/Shiva/octave/io-2.4.5
>      signal *|   1.3.2 | /Users/Shiva/octave/signal-1.3.2
>

> What I have to do to resolve this problem and use dfilt function ?
>

> Thank you for your help
>
> Best Regards,
> Matthieu MORISSE

Hi Matthieu,

As the error message states, the dfilt function is not yet implemented
in Octave, so if you do not have the expertise to program said
function, probably the best course of action is to see if another
function can do the job for you.  You can see a list of functions in
the signal package on the octave forge site:

https://octave.sourceforge.io/signal/overview.html

I'm not sure what the dfilt function does or what you want to use it
to do, but just from the name, maybe one of the functions in the FIR
Filter Design category will do a similar task?

Hope this helps,

James Sherman Jr.