Re: overline

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: overline
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 05:24:41 -0800 (PST)

fincato wrote
> Hi,
> I would like to ask a simple question that i was not able to find in the
> FAQ. how can i put in the legend a number with an overbar?
> the legend code is something like this
>
> kk=legend(k([1 3 5 6]),'E-(001) [GPa]','E-(00$$\overbar{1}$$)
> [GPa]','Iso-Fe [GPa]','[110]', "location", "north");
> set(kk,'Interpreter','tex','fontsize',16);
>
> Thank you for your courtesy in advance, and i apologize if the question
> has already been posted and I didn’t see it.
> Best
> Riccardo

Hi,

You are trying to use *latex* syntax, which doesn't currently work in Octave
(and would require "interpreter" to be "latex", not "tex").

On the other hand if you do have latex installed on your system, and you are
interested in the printed output then you could have it work using the
"-dpdflatexstandalone" format of the "print" function.

%% do your figure and write text as if it was latex
print -dpdflatexstandalone toto
system ("pdflatex toto.tex")

Pantxo