Re: Old fortran MEX file

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Old fortran MEX file
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 22:08:12 +0100

Lars Johansson writes:

> Some of the issues seems easy to fix, but I guess that the "reference"
> problem indicate that I need to include "header files" somehow. So far
> I have not found any similar example to follow, but I will keep
> searching/reading.

Yes, apart errors stemming from deprecated Fortran features and those
dangerous indexing errors that were  overlooked at that time, the
linking errors are caused because the compiler has its own idea of how
Fortran symbols should be encoded in the library.  This time it is "all
lowercase and an ending underscore", so it does not match symbols like
"mxGetN".

As you say it is a matter of having a file having the prototypes, but I
have looked for them and could not find any (for Fortran; there is no
problem for C).  Anyway, you can just write the few prototypes you need
and paste it before your code or in an independent file you can submit
back to the project.

--
Alberto