Re: using octave for rubber stamp image reconstruction

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Re: using octave for rubber stamp image reconstruction
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 11:40:38 -0500

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017, address@hidden wrote:

Hello,I have old rubber stamp 2D images I would like to reconstruct in order
to re-create the original rubber stamp using a 3D printer.The problem is
that the image quality is not good enough Can anyone suggest a script for
the image reconstruction?
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4681751/11.gif>
You can use CTRL[-] and CTRL[+] to resize and view the image
DT

Having looked at your image, I'd be surprised if any image-processing algorithms could do what you want. My approach would be to import the image into Inkscape, do a bit-map-to-vector conversion and then clean it up manually to the extent desired.

- Robert