Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg

From: Andy Davidson
Subject: Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:19:06 -0800

Hi Sebastian

Thanks. Are the octave_qui and and octave binary separate?

Andy

From: Help-octave <address@hidden> on behalf of Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 11:23 PM
To: <address@hidden>

AED wrote
I currently have installed on my Mac funning 10.12.2 Sierra
[...]
GNU Octave, version 3.6.4

Your binary is terribly outdated (we are at version 4.2). Please have a look
at [1]. There are several options mentioned how to get octave for macOS. If
you have already macports [2] or homebrew [3] installed, then they are your
best choice. In the case of homebrew: "brew tap homebrew/science; brew
install octave".

Sebastian