Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: trouble installing octave_gui_403_appleblas.dmg
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 23:23:04 -0800 (PST)

AED wrote
> I currently have installed on my Mac funning 10.12.2 Sierra
>
> [...]
>
> GNU Octave, version 3.6.4

Your binary is terribly outdated (we are at version 4.2). Please have a look
at [1]. There are several options mentioned how to get octave for macOS. If
you have already macports [2] or homebrew [3] installed, then they are your
best choice. In the case of homebrew: "brew tap homebrew/science; brew
install octave".

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X
[2] https://www.macports.org