Re: Editor not opening in GNU Octave 4.2.

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Editor not opening in GNU Octave 4.2.
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:12:44 -0500

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Toby Darling <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ananda
>
>> Editor tab is not opening in GNU Octave 4.2 when I press Cntrl+N. Any
>> issues with editor? Or am I missing some thing?
>

> I had a similar problem. On a RHEL6 based system, I had to install
> qscintilla-devel to get the editor to show
>
> Cheers
> Toby

Running on windows (4.2.0, 64bit) if the editor is closed I can open
it via either using the menu Window/Editor or by pressing Ctrl+4.
Ctrl+N does open a new editor tab when I press it from within the
editor window, but does nothing pressed with any other window active.
The menu option File/New/New Script does open a new tab or open the
editor if it's not visible with a new tab.

in short: if the Ctrl+N shortcut is supposed to work outside the
editor, it seems to not do so on multiple platforms.