Octave Installation and package inclusion doubts

From: Shamika Mohanan
Subject: Octave Installation and package inclusion doubts
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:20:19 +0530

Hello,

I'm building an application that calls Octave core and package functions from c++ code.

1. I have built Octave using ./configure --without-java --disable-docs --without-opengl --without-qt

The lib folder is 414 MB in size. Are there any other options that I can use to reduce the size of the lib folder?

2. I've placed the Octave include and lib folders under the following path /path_to_application/thirdparty/linux/include and /path_to_application/thirdparty/linux/lib

I'm able to call the Octave core functions from the c++ code. How do I install the packages and place them under thirdparty folder such that the c++ code can also call the package functions. Is there any generic prefix I can set?
This application will be distributed among many users. The application should be able to call the package functions on any system without any issues regarding the path.

Regards,
Shamika