Re: How to submit patches [exact procedure]

From: Vijeth T Aradhya
Subject: Re: How to submit patches [exact procedure]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 23:44:09 +0530

Hi Mike and Nicholas,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! :)

> In brief, it's mostly the same as the github model you describe, except
> savannah has no individual repo / fork / pull request feature. Instead
> of fork, clone, hack, commit, push, pull request, it's clone, hack,
> commit, export, attach patch(es).

So let me get this straight, if I have to fix a bug -

1. I have to comment out what I have done giving a concise descirption.
2. Attach patch files ( using git format-patch ). [ in this case - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?49880, I attached a diff file instead of a patch file, please check it out if it could be one way ]
3. Wait for the bug owner or the person who submitted it or others to review it?

With regards,
Vijeth