Re: How to submit patches [exact procedure]

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: How to submit patches [exact procedure]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:05:23 -0800

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 04:37:28 +0530, Vijeth T Aradhya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm used to using github where I used to fork a repo, make changes and
> submit a pull request.
>
> I wanted to know what to procedure is with savannah (octave)
>
> It'd be greate if you guys replied soon :)

Nick's reply pretty much covers it, http://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial
should have everything you need. If it doesn't please let us know what
you think is missing.

In brief, it's mostly the same as the github model you describe, except
savannah has no individual repo / fork / pull request feature. Instead
of fork, clone, hack, commit, push, pull request, it's clone, hack,
commit, export, attach patch(es).

--
mike