Re: Create account page

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: Create account page
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 04:47:38 -0800 (PST)

Clayton.D.Huntsman wrote
> I have been trying to create an account on your mediaWiki without success.
> Apparently, the page is broken, as it offers a captcha challenge with no
> question. So, I am writing in the hopes that the recipient will remedy the
> situation. (I see you have guest editing locked down.)

The captcha is disabled by purpose, due to massive spam attacks at the
beginning of 2016. You'll get a password for registration in this mailing
list, or if impatient, ask in IRC:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#octave .

Clayton.D.Huntsman wrote
> Actually, you mailman links on the FAQ page is broken, otherwise I would
> have tried through that mechanism.

Thank you for that hint. I updated some broken links there.

Clayton.D.Huntsman wrote
> We have a developers wiki here (I am an admin) based on mediaWiki also.
> So, I might be able to suggest a few pointers for organizing your
> information. Plus, I am trying to install Octave, and for some reason
> cannot get the editing function to work. So, there is a potential win-win
> here :)

What do you mean by editing function?

HTH,
Kai