Re: Octave crashes on old MEX-files: how can I detect/prevent this?

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave crashes on old MEX-files: how can I detect/prevent this?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:53:56 +0100

Le 05/12/2016 à 11:22, siko1056 a écrit :
AFAIK, there is no function to check a MEX-file to be valid for usage with a
certain version of Octave. If you want to check in advance whether your
version of Octave can handle a MEX-file, say myfunc.mex, try calling

try
   which myfunc
catch(e)
   disp("recompile MEX file!")
   disp(e.message)
end_try_catch

And you'll get errors in the case, that certain dynamic libraries cannot be
loaded, a necessary condition for this MEX-file to run, but not sufficient.

Thank you for your reply.

When I try "which myfunc" on the faulty MEX-file, I get the following error:

error: scope not found!
error: called from
    which at line 39 column 22

Is this the one you expect?