Re: image-acquisition package install

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: image-acquisition package install
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:19:58 -0500

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Dominic Bitter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you very much for  the quick response.
> I am running Windows 10 Professional x64.
> I tried installing it in Octave with the command:
>
>>> pkg install -forge image-acquisition
>
> Octave downloaded the file by itself from forge but couldn't install it.
> After that i downloaded the Archive myself from forge and saved it in my
> working folder. It is a ".tar.gz" file.
> I think it is possible that the package runs only with a Linux System because
> it needs special dll's
>
> Build Dependencies:     libv4l-dev (>= 0.8.8), libfltk1.1-dev (>= 1.1.0)
>
> I will try to find the .exe and repeat the process.

Please use Reply All to keep the mailing list in on the conversation.

I meant did you install Octave using the .exe or .zip installers.
Either method you used for the package should work correctly if it's a
package that can be installed in the Windows version. Are other
packages working ok?

 It doesn't say explicitly, but the wiki seems to indicate that you
are correct regarding Linux.
http://wiki.octave.org/Image_acquisition_package