Re: help issues with symbolic package?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: help issues with symbolic package?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:04:23 -0500

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Colin B. Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/18/2016 7:32 AM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
 >> pkg load symbolic

 >> help limit
error: help: 'limit' not found

You want "help @sym/limit".  (limit is method of the class sym).

ok, I had tried help sym/limit (which works in matlab) and help symbolic/limit, thinking maybe it had to match the package name. and edit sym/limit worked to open it so I could actually find the help text.  didn't realize the @ was necessary. Is there a way for that help error to be more, er, helpful? I consider myself not-quite-a-complete-neophyte in navigating octave and it obviously stumped me.

Nick j.