Re: Start GUI

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Start GUI
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:41:26 -0500

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM, DoctorT <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

I just installed Octave 4.0.3 using Octave-4.0.3-installer exe on a desktop
running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit).

When I run Octave, at the Octave command prompt (>>), I entered octave to
start GUI, but I got this:

error: 'octave' undefined near line 1 column 1

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Dr. T

How do you start Octave?  Is the GUI not automatically started for you? Is your command prompt not in a command interpreter window inside the GUI? Or are you just getting a terminal interface with nothing but the command prompt?