Re: Quick Question About Signal Processing

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Quick Question About Signal Processing
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:49:21 -0500

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Ahmed Husain ?Abbas Mohamed Sahrab <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Esteemed Volunteers.

I have a question about incorporating a piece of code into my project.

I have found this piece of code online

   Fs = 1000;
    t = 0:1/Fs:1-1/Fs;
    x = cos(2*pi*100*t)+randn(size(t));
    [Pxx,F] = periodogram(x,[],length(x),Fs);
    plot(F,10*log10(Pxx))

and I would like to use the wavread command and use that signal in place of the Fs,t and x. So, I wrote this bit of code

[y, fs]= wavread('song1.wav');
NFFT=input("Choose a fraze size of either 128, 256 and 512. ");
[Pxx,F] = periodogram(y,[],NFFT,fs);
plot(F,10*log10(Pxx))

But I am sad to report this it is not working, and that I am receiving this error

⹏፥error: periodogram: X must be a real or complex vector

what is the dimension of y?
It might have 2 col.

If it does then try y(:,1)

If you can help me I would appreciate it immensely

With Love,

Ahmed Suhrab