Speeding up a plotting function

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Speeding up a plotting function
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 05:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

I have written a simple plotting function, code below, but unfortunately it
takes some time to plot. Is there any way in which I could speed this up?

function hilo_conditional_plot( high , low , condition )
%HILO_CONDITIONAL_PLOT
%   Takes high, low and condition input vectors and plots a line chart of
highs
%   and lows coloured according to the condtion. For this basic version
there
%   are only 3 conditons; 1 for long, -1 for short and 0 for neutral; with
the
%   respective plot colours being blue, red and green.

date = ( 1 : length(high) )' ;
hold on ;

for ii = 1 : length( high )

   if condition(ii) == 1
   line( [ date(ii) date(ii) ] , [ low(ii) high(ii) ] , 'Color' , 'b' ,
'linewidth' , 2 ) ;
   elseif condition(ii) == -1
   line( [ date(ii) date(ii) ] , [ low(ii) high(ii) ] , 'Color' , 'r' ,
'linewidth' , 2 ) ;
   elseif condition == 0
   line( [ date(ii) date(ii) ] , [ low(ii) high(ii) ] , 'Color' , 'g' ,
'linewidth' , 2 ) ;
   else
   printf( 'Error in condition vector - a value != 1,-1 or 0' ) ;
   end

end

grid minor on ;

hold off ;