gui editor auto-open files

From: J.N. Stroh
Subject: gui editor auto-open files
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 18:21:18 -0700

I'm porting some ML files to OCT, using octave4.0.2 under (bash on ubuntu on windows).  Xming sometimes crashes when i change windows desktops, and closes the gui for octave. Other times, I need to refresh the entire shell environment.

When octave crashes OR is gracefully terminated, any files that were open in the editor are also closed and must be re-opened.

Is there an easy way ("editor preferences") or some other option to get the recently-used-but-not-closed files to automatically populate tabs in the editor?

(Apologies if this is a duplicate. I did try searching for about 15 minutes.)