big doubt

From: Paula Manriquez Navarro
Subject: big doubt
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 01:43:48 -0300

Hi,

             I'm new in octave, and I already have a a problem that I didt find on the FAQS.
I'm taking some EEGs with an Intan Tech system, they use a matlab script and it run until line 6. I already ask at intantech mail, and as they dont use octave they dont know.

Here is the first piece of the script (in red where is the "problem"):

1  function[t,amps,data,aux] = read_intan_data4
2  [file, path, filterindex] = uigetfile('*.int','Select a .int file','MultiSelect', 'off');
3  filename = [path,file];
4  fid = fopen(filename,'r');
5  for i=1:3
6 header(i)=(fread(fid, 1, 'uint8'));
7  end

**I used at line 6 3 different variants
a) header(i)=double(fread(fid, 1, 'uint8')); and
b) header(i)=(fread(fid, 1, 'int8'));
c) header(i)=double(fread(fid, 1, 'int8'))

And here is the answer:

>> read_intan_data4.m
error: read_intan_data4: A(I) = X: X must have the same size as I
error: called from:
error:   /home/cantaritodeagua/octave/javier/1003/read_intan_data4.m at line 6, column 14

I dont know if this mail is the rigth place to receive my question, as I've been saying, I saw this script working in matlab, but no one knows how to make it work. I send you the complete original script.
My octave have a lot of packages installed (almost all of them), and I made a good instalation, I  have it like 2-3 weks ago installed.

I hope you can help me, please, I feel already stupid enough.

Best regards

Paula