OCT-files and (other) shared libraries

From: Patrick Boettcher
Subject: OCT-files and (other) shared libraries
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:37:42 +0200

Hi list,

I'd like to call functions and methods from Octave which are located in
shared library (or static at my option).

I therefore created a .cpp-file which includes the needed .h-files from
my library and during the call to mkoctfile I'm supplying -I -l and -L
arguments.

Running ldd on the resulting .oct-file shows me the runpath to my
library is set correctly - the library is listed.

However, calling my method from within octave fails with:

  error: file.oct: failed to load: file.oct: undefined symbol: <symname>

(simplified for readability, <symname> is a function located in my
library)

What do I need to do to have octave load the dependency?

Thanks in advance for any help.

best regards,
--
Patrick.