Re: Using Octave with Windows XP

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: Using Octave with Windows XP
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 03:44:36 -0700 (PDT)

en4567 wrote
> I have installed Anaconda and Python 2.7.
>
> When I check SymPy is installed, i go in Python command line and enter
> "from sympy import *" as it is mentionned in SymPy doc, but i get the
> message : ImportError : no module named sympy

Basically, this mailing list is for Octave related support topics. If you
have problems using Anaconda, I assume you installed this one:

https://www.continuum.io/downloads#windows

Then please refer to their support pages:

https://www.continuum.io/support

And you were talking about some script that you are running. Please do not
only post the output of your script, also give the relevant parts that lead
to this erroneous behavior. But first you should fix you Python and SymPy
installation.

Some footnote: Win XP extended support ended in 2014. If you don't rely on
this old dangerous software, consider upgrading or using some free Linux
distribution, e.g.

https://www.debian.org/
https://getfedora.org/

Kai.