Re: Arduino to octave

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Arduino to octave
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 14:59:24 +0200

Hi Gabriel,

Am 09.10.2016 um 12:05 schrieb Gabriel Soo:
> Isit possible to read data from octave? Since the octave(pc software)
> can only analysis digital data, the analog signal that fed into
> arduino(ADC) is convert into digital form, now the octave(with
> instrument-control package installed) is able to read the serial com
> that is connected to the arduino.

Yes, this is possible using the "instrument-control" package

> Here's the problem, what command
> should we use in octave to gain those data? We going to use those data,
> to plot a graph.

This depends how you send the data from the arduino? Are you using
strings (you convert the integers or double to string before sending) or
are you using some binary communication?

Basically you'll create a serial object, read data into a buffer using
srl_read and then convert them. For binary data there is "typecast".

-- Andy