Re: Base64 String to Image Matrix

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Base64 String to Image Matrix
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:00:27 -0700

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 11:51:19 -0700, alex jones wrote:
> Thanks for your input. I am not very knowledgeable with Octave - recently
> picked it up to work on ML problems. How would you go about creating a
> memory backed file in Octave, or better do you think there is any code from
> imread that I could use to write my own png decoding function.
>
> It seems that raw = base64decode(imageBase64); generates the same content
> that would be present in a disk-backed file. Just not sure how to go about
> processing the data to output the same results as imread. Any help would be
> appreciated.

This is outside the scope of Octave, this is more of an operating system
question that would apply to any program.

On a Linux system, I would create a memory-backed file by writing to and
reading from a file under either the /dev/shm or the /run directories.

I guess from your earlier post that you are using macOS. I have no idea
whether that operating system has a memory-based filesystem or another
means of creating and working with files in memory rather than on disk.

--
mike