Re: Octave 4.2.0 opening warning

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2.0 opening warning
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 17:35:39 -0400

That was the right question, Carlo.

I had exactly three packages in my ~/octave folder.
  financial-0.5.0
  io-2.4.1
  newmarkowitz-1.0.0  (my own package, which doesn’t use any others)
Apparently io-2.4.1 caused the problem. Once I threw that out the problem
disappeared.

I have had no such error message
   warning: octave_config_info is obsolete and will be removed from a
   future version of Octave, please use  __have_feature__  or
   __octave_config_info__  instead.
with previous homebrew installations of octave
   4.0.3, 4.0.3_2, 4.0.3_3, 4.0.3_4
It just cropped up with the installation of 4.4.0-rc2 yesterday. Apparently
this version of homebrew Octave and io-2.4.1 don’t get along.

Thanks for the suggestion, Carlo!

- Vic