gnu octave leasqr <-> matlab lsqr?

From: Ericbarnhill
Subject: gnu octave leasqr <-> matlab lsqr?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:05:59 -0400

Hi,

My Matlab pipeline almost has transitioned seamlessly to Octave! However, I use some code of a colleague that calls LSQR in Matlab.

I am wondering if Octave leasqr is comparable functionality?

It seems to run fine in the function with the same arguments so I would initially suspect so.

However Matlab lsqr finishes the problem in less than 3 seconds and leasqr runs out of memory, which makes me suspect they are not doing the same thing. It is perhaps a relatively large problem with a 3D image, but of course the matrices are sparse -- is this expected behavior?

Thank you so much for any insight,
Eric

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.