RE: octave 4.0.3 issue

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: RE: octave 4.0.3 issue
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:02:40 -0400

On Sep 22, 2016 5:22 PM, "Bradley D. Slagle" wrote:
> Is there a way to fix the issue without having to do a “refresh”?

Ok what you're talking about isn't a refresh. You're changing Octave's working directory. Octave generally  has no idea where your working files are located. It knows where its own files are located. It knows what folder you are currently working in. It also knows if you have specifically told it to look anywhere else for files. When you are in the W Drive comma it's like telling the program to find something in the room that you're currently in. When you are in a different Drive or folder it's like you asking it to find something in the room that you're in even though you know that the item is located in another room.

I believe the ad path function can be used to tell octave where else I can look for files if that is what you want to do