Re: Inability in installing Octave 4.0.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Inability in installing Octave 4.0.3
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 05:52:15 +0900 (JST)

--- address@hidden wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2016 5:50 PM, "Abhay Ga wrote:
> >

> > Above pic attached is the error shown to me while installing octave. after
> > downloading octave i transferred the zip file into F drive and not C. Why
> > is this error shown and how can i rectify it.
> > Thanking you,
> > ABHAYAs Tatsuro said: there are two types of installers for windows. The
> > .exe installer and the .zip archive. For the .exe, download the file and
> > run it (double click, etc.). It will go through the normal windows program
> > installation process. I believe you can only have one version of Octave
> > installed with this method.

You can install different octave version by installer.  But you cannot install
the same version octave by installer for example 32bit and 64bit. (64bit
version is available from my site.)

> everyone else: Would there be a good spot on the website to put this info
> where people will see it prior to downloading the stable windows versions?

octave web for download windows binary just indcates download site. addindng
pointer to wiki site (http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows)
is a good idea.

Nick J.