Re: GUI figures in Octave 4.0.3 Mac OS X Capitan

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: GUI figures in Octave 4.0.3 Mac OS X Capitan
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:40:06 +0900 (JST)

>Le 14 sept. 2016 à 06:22, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>
>>From: Elskens
>>>

>>To: help> Cc:
>>>Date: 2016/9/13, Tue 18:12
>>>Subject: GUI figures in Octave 4.0.3 Mac OS X Capitan
>>>
>>>Dear colleagues,
>>>
>>>I was happy with my old Octave since 2012, but the new version 4.0 is really
>>>better ! I moved to the new 10.11 version of OS X last spring, and I tried
>>>and
>>>enjoyed first the Vagrant install of Octave last January, but it was so
>>>sluggish
>>>to open. The new integrated 4.0.3 is so much better : thank you and
>>>congratulations !
>>>
>>>Yet I have a new trouble : both Aqua and Vagrant gave access to figures by
>>>their
>>>window names in a scrolling menu, but the current version (I downloaded and
>>>installed last week) does not offer this option. Is it a bug due to my
>>>french-language localization of the package ? Is it a common feature of all
>>>current 4.0.3 versions ?
>>>
>>>With warm thanks for your service to our community,
>>>
>>>sincerely yours,
>>>
>>>Yves Elskens
>>>

>>I am not a mac user so that I may not give you adequate replies.
>>I cannot understand the situation.
>>
>>Nothing is changed for octave GUI and graphics_toolkit between
>>octave 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.
>>

>>What graphics_toolkit do you use?
>>If you do not know it, please type
>>

>>graphics_toolkit
>>>>
>>Tatsuro
>>
>>From: Elskens
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>Cc: address@hidden
>Date: 2016/9/14, Wed 15:58
>Subject: Re: GUI figures in Octave 4.0.3 Mac OS X Capitan
>

>Dear Tatsuro,
>

>thank you for your response. I am using Qt version 4.8.7 ; on starting, Octave
>ws configured for « x86 64-apple-darwin14.5.0 ».
>

>The scrolling menu for windows does not list the figure windows with my plots
>; it only lists the basic items (see attached screen capture) though I have a
>figure with a plot. In the Vagrant version, the list of figure windows
>appeared after item Documentation, if I remember well.
>

>Sorry for being unable to tell you more.
>

>Thank you again,
>

>Yves Elskens

The menu you attached has not been changed for all 4.0.x version. (x=0 to 3)
Thus something is wrong for your installation for 4.0.3.

OS X native version of 4.0.3 is available from web site.
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X

download Octave 4.0.3 with graphical user interface (OS X 10.9+),

This is all I can tell you.

Perhaps Mac users on working for octave will help you.

Tatsuro