Re: Order of matrix multiplication

From: Bernardo Sulzbach
Subject: Re: Order of matrix multiplication
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 05:51:51 -0300

On 09/13/2016 05:36 AM, siko1056 wrote:
I agree that Octave can have linter integrated inside the editor (like with
Matlab's checkcode function) to suggest such and many other optimizations
(vectorizing statements, ...). But I would not like to apply optimizations
by default. Maybe some teaching person likes to visualize this effect, or
simply relies on the order of operations.

Yes, this seems like the most sensible choice after all. Not to mention that Matlab does not perform such optimizations by default either.