Simultaneous play/record of audio signals

From: mat
Subject: Simultaneous play/record of audio signals
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 01:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I wrote some script to measure loudspeakers which generates a burst signal
and sends and receives to a soundcard. I used to use Matlab with Pa-wavplay.
I don't have access to Matlab anymore and am new to Octave, also I am a bit
of a programming rookie....

Anyway, groping around in the dark, downloading Pa-wavplay, and port audio
and trying to run the script doesn't work and I am struggling to find recent
examples of other people doing this. The Pa-wavplay functionality I need is
only a single line to do the I/O.

I've used the built in function 'audioplayer' to play the burst to my Asio
device so the sound works, but I need simultaneous playing and recording for
the measurement to work.

I'm using 64-bit windows 7, I found another library Playrec, but it seems to
be 32-bit only.

Best regards,

Mat.