Re: Thank you Tatsuro for the 64bit binaries for Windows!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Thank you Tatsuro for the 64bit binaries for Windows!
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:39:06 -0400

On 08/17/2016 10:46 AM, Martin Kunz wrote:

A minor bug seems to be that Ctrl-C is not able to stop a pending "input()":

    input("","s")

can be interrupted in the official 32bit build (from
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/) by pressing Ctrl-C, but in your
64bit build this combination is just ignored.

This is a known problem. The way that interrupt handling works on Windows relies on some magic that is specific to 32-bit Windows and there seems to be no equivalent for 64-bit Windows. It would be great to have a fix for this problem, but I suspect we need someone who is an expert Windows programmer to do the job.

jwe