Re: qt: available fonts

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: qt: available fonts
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:00:24 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message ----->

>On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>From: Clinton Winant
>>>To: Octave Help
>>>Date: 2016/7/28, Thu 18:17
>>>Subject: qt: available fonts
>>>

>>>Is there a way of listing available fonts for qt that are similar for the
>>>terminal and print outputs?  Can any of these be used at font angle
>>>different from 0 or 90?  This is useful for label individual curves on a
>>>plot.
>>>

>>When submitting a question, please write
>>1. octave version
>>2. platform and its version (e,g, windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04)
>
>>Octave GUI uses fontconfig  for font handling.
>>
>>If you are using octave on linux, execute from terminal
>>
>>$ fc-list
>>To redirect to file
>>$ fc-list > list.txt
>>
>>On windows, execute octave
>>
>>Note that list.txt is utf-8 encoded.
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>Tatsuro
>>

>From: Clinton Winant
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>Cc: Octave Help
>Date: 2016/7/28, Thu 18:52
>Subject: Re: qt: available fonts
>

>octave4.0.3 on ubuntu 16.04
>

>Sorry I wasn't asking about the fonts used by Octave GUI, I was asking about
>the fonts available for plotting, as in eg
>
>text(x,y,'blah-blah','fontname','????')
>

>The only one I know that works is 'Times New Roman'

Sorry I also writing badly.
On current octave, on qt and fltk graphics toolkit,
fonts is handle by fontconfig library.

So available font can be listed one of the fontconfig utility fc-list.
So the I described how to use fc-list.

If you use Google, you can get more information about fc-list and fontconfig.

HTH

Tatsuro