Re: qt: available fonts

From: Clinton Winant
Subject: Re: qt: available fonts
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:52:54 +0100

octave4.0.3 on ubuntu 16.04

Sorry I wasn't asking about the fonts used by Octave GUI, I was asking about the fonts available for plotting, as in eg
text(x,y,'blah-blah','fontname','????')

The only one I know that works is 'Times New Roman'

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
>From: Clinton Winant
>To: Octave Help
>Date: 2016/7/28, Thu 18:17
>Subject: qt: available fonts
>

>Is there a way of listing available fonts for qt that are similar for the terminal and print outputs?  Can any of these be used at font angle different from 0 or 90?  This is useful for label individual curves on a plot.

When submitting a question, please write
1. octave version
2. platform and its version (e,g, windows 10, Ubuntu 16.04)

Octave GUI uses fontconfig  for font handling.

If you are using octave on linux, execute from terminal

$ fc-list
To redirect to file
$ fc-list > list.txt

On windows, execute octave