Re: Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem

From: Mahdi Habibi Doost
Subject: Re: Octave 3.8.1 print to file problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:52:57 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I have a similar problem. The output file with "print" command does not completely similar to the output figure of Octave. The fonts and the linewidth of the plot is changed! I use Octave 4.0.0.

thanks in advance

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:43 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

--- Sesc
> Michael Auinger wrote
> > ==========================
> >
> > clf;
> > graphics_toolkit('gnuplot');
> > colormap('default');
> > contourf(sombrero(),'linestyle','none');
> > print -djpg -color 'test.jpg';
> >
> > ==========================
> > [...]
> > Am I forgetting something or is it due to a problem with the graphics card
> > (nVidia, v304.131) / Octave (v3.8.1) / GNUplot (gnuplot4.6 patchlevel 4) /
> > Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit)?
> > Problem exists for both Qt and GNU version of Octave...
>
> No, your code is correct. It should give you a file "test.jpg" in the
> current working directory. Maybe there is something wrong with your Octave
> installation. I suggest that you update Octave to a more recent version
> (>=4.0.0). You can get it for Ubuntu for example from here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/ubuntu/stable
>
> Sebastian

As  Sebastian wrote, you clear install the recent
octave by

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:octave/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install octave

Tatsuro