Re: How make hg image at specified revision

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: How make hg image at specified revision
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 19:56:08 -0700

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 09:36:18 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48608
>

> translation is ignored on GUI using recent dev. tree (289409b2992d)
>

> I would like purchase on which change causes this bug.
>
> How can I get revision specified clone of repo.?

You can specify the revision you want with the -r or --rev on either the
clone or update commands.

  hg clone -r some-rev http://some-url

or

  cd existing-octave-clone
  hg update -r some-rev

It sounds like you may be trying to identify which revision broke a
specific feature. You might want to try the bisect command.

  hg bisect --good -r some-old-revision
  hg bisect --bad -r tip
  ## build and run tests, identify whether good or bad
  hg bisect --bad (or --good)
  ## repeat until bisect tells you which revision broke your test

--
mike