COM object failed with error

From: BryanT07
Subject: COM object failed with error
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 06:23:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have a lot of MATLAB code which runs an API through the COM interface, and
I am trying to see if I can port the code over into Octave.

The software I am running through the API is SAP2000, and here is a sample
code that runs within MATLAB, but will error out in Octave:

% run only in MATLAB
if ~isoctave
    % pass data to Sap2000 as one-dimensional arrays
    feature('COM_SafeArraySingleDim', 1);
    % pass non-scalar arrays to Sap2000 API by reference
    feature('COM_PassSafeArrayByRef', 1);
end
% create Sap2000 object
SapObject = actxserver('Sap2000v15.SapObject');
% start Sap2000 application
SapObject.ApplicationStart;
% create SapModel object
SapModel = SapObject.SapModel;
% initialize model
ret = SapModel.InitializeNewModel;
% create new blank model
ret = SapModel.File.NewBlank;

The command "pkg load windows" is added to the .octaverc file, and it looks
like it successfully runs the actxserver command. However, I get the
following error when "SapObject.ApplicationStart" is executed:

error: com_get: property/method invocation on the COM object failed with
error `0x8002000e'

Does anyone know why I am getting this error?

The code runs in MATLAB when the two feature() commands are given, and I am
wondering if I need a similar command in Octave.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Bryan