Re: plot frame

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: plot frame
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 15:52:46 -0700

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 14:22:25 +0100, Clinton Winant wrote:
> I would like to have control of the figure window, in terms of where it
> appears in the workspace, and what is its size, before any plotting is
> done.  There is 'position' as a member of the gca structure, but this only
> affects the given position of the current plot within the figure window.
> There are also options within the print command, but these don't affect the
> screen window size?

Did you try changing the "position" property of the figure object (as
opposed to the axes object)?

For example

  set (gcf, "position", [1900, 1000, 500, 400]);

moves the active figure into the top right corner of my display. Or

  hfig = figure ("position", [1900, 1000, 500, 400]);

creates the figure with the position and size already set.

Note that if you are using gnuplot, this only works with the "x11" or
"windows" terminals, while the preferred terminal for visual display is
now "qt".

HTH,

--
mike